VCH's Interhospital Shuttle
VCH's Interhospital Shuttle.
- The shuttle service has been running for 14 years and is free of charge
- Five shuttle buses travel between eight hospital worksites
- Approximately 10,000 staff use the shuttle service each month
- The shuttle service services a total of 120,000 riders a year
- Since its inception 14 years ago the shuttle service has transported more than 1.5 million riders
- The shuttle service couriers approximately 40,000 items per year
- Total cost savings add up to $200,000 per year through the courier service and an additional $500,000 per year for passenger movement
Health Authority staff that move frequently between VCH, PHSA and PHC work sites can leave their vehicles at home, relying on the hospital shuttle as and when needed.
Also, with the Zipcars now stationed outside specific health care facilities, more and more staff can take action and green their commute.
The shuttle schedule.