Become a Green+Leader.
What is the Green+Leaders program?
The Green+Leaders program is a network of health-care staff volunteers across the Lower Mainland health organizations, who are engaged in advancing sustainability practices within the health system. Green+Leaders are change agents who encourage environmentally sustainable behaviour, improve existing processes, and help to create an overall culture of environmental health and wellness inside and outside of the workplace.
Why Join the Green+Leaders program?
Green+Leaders are integral to each Lower Mainland health organization’s ongoing commitment to take responsibility for the environmental impact of B.C.’s health sector. By joining, you will:
- Gain access to sustainability project funding, training, toolkits and other resources.
- Become part of a supportive and social community of like-minded colleagues.
- Participate in inspiring and educational events and sessions.
- Make a positive impact on your workplace and community.
Stay up-to-date with what we are working on.
Subscribe here to receive updates.
Finding Sustainable Solutions to Reduce Covid-19 Related Waste
A project has been underway at the St. Vincent COVID-19 testing site to reduce unnecessary plastic waste by gifting staff free reusable water bottles and encouraging others to bring their own.
Submit a story
Do you have a sustainability story to share?
Have you been involved in a workplace project or initiative to advance sustainability? If so, we would like to hear from you.
By submitting your sustainability story, you’ll help the Energy and Environmental Sustainability (EES) team to:
- Learn more about the meaningful work you and your colleagues are doing to advance sustainability in the workplace.
- Understand the types of initiatives we can continue to support you with.
- Share these success stories with leadership via our annual reports, and raise awareness of this important work and its positive impact on health care.
Healthy Green Workplaces Opportunities Guide
If you’re interested in kick-starting a sustainability project in your workplace but are not sure where to begin, the Healthy Green Workplaces Opportunities Guide is a great place to start. It provides an easy-to-navigate auditing tool that will help you to better understand where to focus your sustainability efforts. This toolkit is one of the many Green+Leaders tools, resources and guides. By becoming a Green+Leader today, as part of a network of engaged health-care staff, you’ll be able to access more resources like this, along with funding opportunities and events.
Tell Us What You Think
If you could take action in any of the following areas, what would it be?
We’re here to help
Do you have a sustainability project idea that requires funding? The Energy and Environmental Sustainability team provides funding to Green+Leaders to implement projects within their workplace.
Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about available funding in your health organization!
Not a Green+Leader? Learn more about the program and register today!