>Join Today! Register for our next training session.<
Want to Bring your Green Values to Work?
Green+Leaders (G+L) are staff volunteers who help create healthy workplaces on a healthy planet by improving environmental performance of health care operations across the Lower Mainland.
What do Green+Leaders do?
- Act as role models for environmental sustainability
- Encourage behaviour change among their coworkers
- Help improve processes and create a culture of environmental health and wellness throughout
Green+Leaders benefit from:
- Training, tools and leadership development
- A supportive community of like-minded colleagues
- Participation in inspiring and educational events
- A chance to have a positive impact on their workplace and their community
How it works
There are more than 250 Green+Leaders working in all areas of health care, across the four Lower Mainland Health Organizations.
The Green+Leaders program focuses on behaviour change campaigns in four key areas:
- Zero Waste (formerly Materials Reduction)
- Energy Conservation & Climate Neutral
- Active & Clean Transportation
- Culture of Stewardship & Social Sustainability
Green+Leader activities include:
- Modeling new behaviours for others to adopt
- Providing colleagues with information and support for sustainability initiatives
- Posting prompts in the workplace, such as posters and stickers, to help create sustainable habits
- Helping co-workers to identify green alternatives
The Green+Leaders Program champions the enthusiasm and ideas of Lower Mainland Health Organization staff while also:
- Capturing eco-efficiencies at the unit level in the key areas of waste, energy, transportation and culture of stewardship
- Achieving our LEAN goals of reducing waste
- Achieving our HR staff engagement goals of improving employee health and satisfaction at work.
Environmental sustainability & health care
Green+Leaders are integral to the ongoing commitment of each health organization to take responsibility for the environmental impact of the health sector in British Columbia. Read the sustainabiltiy policies here.
Get connected with like-minded colleagues.
The Green+Leaders program ensures volunteers enjoy meaningful and satisfying roles. Volunteers are given the tools they need to create lasting change, as well as the opportunity to connect and network with like-minded colleagues, all while having some fun along the way.
Want more information?
Contact the Green+Leaders Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org