Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations: Charge for FREE at FH, VCH, PHSA & PHC.
Did you know that the health authorities have provided space for several Level 1 (120 volts) and 10 Level 2 (240 volts) electric vehicle charging stations?
Fraser Health recognizes your participation in supporting our clean energy transportation initiatives with the use of electric vehicle.
FH Charging Stations are located at the following facilities for the use of our 'green' drivers:
- Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre
- Burnaby Hospital
- Jim Pattison Outpatient Care & Surgery Centre
- Ridge Meadows Hospital
- Royal Columbian Hospital
- Surrey Memorial Hospital - Critical Care Tower (page under construction
Click here for more information on the FH Electric Vehicle Charging Stations.
Provincial Health Services Authority
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) has installed 2 electric vehicle charging stations as part of an effort to support clean energy transportation initiatives.
PHSA has installed EV Charging Stations at the following facilities for the use of our 'green' drivers:
- BC Children's & Women's Hospital
Child & Family Research Institute
Click here for more information on the PHSA Electric Vehicle Charging Stations.
Providence Health Care
Providence Health Care (PHC) has installed a number of electric vehicle charging stations in the parkade at St. Paul's Hospital. Employees who drive an electric vehicle can charge up, free of charge.
PHC has installed EV Charging Stations at the following facilities for the use of our 'green' drivers:
- St. Paul's Hospital
Click here for more information on the PHC Electric Vehicle Charging Stations.
Vancouver Coastal Health
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) continues to support clean energy transportation initiatives with the use of electric vehicle (EV).
VCH has installed/will be installing EV Charging Stations at the following facilities for the use of our 'green' drivers:
- Lions Gate Hospital
- Vancouver General Hospital
- Employee use of Electric Vehicle charging stations is free of charge.
- Parking, however, is NOT free. The designated clearly marked EV charging stalls are exclusively reserved for electric vehicles and are regularly patrolled. Please observe restrictions at all times to avoid receiving a parking violation ticket.
- Please ensure to check first the availability of regular stalls before parking if the stalls are not clearly marked as designated EV parking only - usually has ground marking, signage, etc.
- Only charging electric vehicles must occupy the dedicated EV parking stall. As a courtesy, please move your vehicle when done charging. This will allow other users to use the station.
How To Use
1. Park Your Vehicle
Park at any of the designated EV parking stalls. Note that parking is NOT free of charge. You must clearly display a valid parking pass or pay the parking fee. Please observe parking rules at ALL times. If you require a parking pass, please contact the Parking Administration.
Contact information for parking folks at each health organization, as well as information on all electric vehicle charging station locations & how to use them can be found in the Resource section of this site. Click the links below:
2. Activate Station
Plug in your vehicle to start session.
3. Deactivate Station
Unplug your vehicle to stop session.
4. Move Your Vehicle
Only actively charging electric vehicles may occupy the dedicated EV parking stall. As a courtesy, please relocate your vehicle when done charging. This will allow other users to use the station.
For additional information, visit the Electric Vehicle Charging Stations page.
Programs That Offer Rebates and Incentives
- Live Smart BC's Clean Energy Vehicle Program - offers an incentive offer of up to $5,000 off of the pre-tax sticker price per eligible vehicle (program extended!!!) and residential rebates for purchase of qualifying EV charging equipment
- BC Scrap-It Program - provides incentives to BC vehicle owners who turn in their 2000 or older vechiles for voluntary early retirement to replace higher polluting vehicles with cleaner forms of transportation
Questions / More information?
Do you have a question or comment? We would love to hear from you in the comment box below.
Also, if you are an Electric Vehicle driver, have a look at the FAQ's over on the Charge Point site: www.chargepoint.com/faq/
We look froward to hearing from you.