Invest in our planet – Find resources and participate in an Earth Day contest. Scroll down for contest details.
On April 22, we celebrate Earth Day—an annual day of action to change human behaviour and work toward global, national and local policy changes that support our environment. This year’s theme, ‘invest in our planet,’ reminds us that there is no time like the present to commit ourselves to create a sustainable future for our planet. With climate change and extreme weather events being on the mind of many of our staff, Earth Day is an opportunity to renew our dedication to protecting the environment and look at the actions we can take today—at work, at home and in our communities—to reaffirm that commitment.
Supporting health authorities across the province in achieving energy and environmental sustainability, we would like to encourage departments and units across the province to take time this month to have conversations or plan activities that inspire action and change.
How you can get involved
- Talk about changes you can make in your unit or department to contribute to a more environmentally friendly health-care system.
- Plan an Earth Day activity! Download our Earth Day Toolkit.
- Put up some Earth Day posters around your work area to remind each other that protecting our environment is a responsibility we all share.
- Lead by example. Is there something you’ve done at work or at home to minimize your environmental footprint? Share it with your team and encourage others to do the same.
- Passionate about making a difference? Consider joining the Green+Leader program and become a champion for sustainability.
- Leaders: Check out our huddle pack for ideas on how you can celebrate Earth Day with your team.
Test your green smarts and win a prize!
Browse our website for answers to the questions below.
- What is one great reason to join the Green+Leaders program? (Hint: Use this webpage to find the answer).
- Name one action/goal that you can take to make your workplace greener in the following areas (Hint: use the Green Workplaces Opportunities Guide toolkit to help determine your answer):
- Energy and water
E-mail your answers to email@example.com with the subject line “Earth Day Lunch Kit Contest” to be entered to win an eco-friendly GreenCare lunch kit and upcycled banner bag until April 21. Good luck!