Cycle to Work
More and more employees choose cycling as a form of their commute-to-work because of the many benefits it offers. Here are some of the benefits of cycling:
- Requires minimal investment
- Helps save on car expenses (maintenance, insurance, gas, etc.)
- Helps save on gym membership fees or specialized equipment costs
- An average cyclist keeps 3.57 kilograms of greenhouse gas emissions out of the atmosphere (Source: Transport Canada). It takes a tree three months to absorb that much gas (Source: Carbonfootprint.com).
- Makes our communities more safe and vibrant
- Less air pollution means better air quality
- Helps prolong a person's life span and overall quality of life.
- Increases the blood flow to release endorphines, making one feel good.
- Decreases blood pressure and lowers cholesterol
- Helps a person to lose weight and stay fit.
- Has very minimal impact on the body including feet and joints.
Additional Information (intranet access required)
- Access, Storage and Terms and Conditions of Use
- Bike Maps, Plan Your Route and Track Your Commute-to-Work
- List of Fraser Health Cycling Facilities
- List of Providence Health Care Cycling Facilities
- List of Provincial Health Services Authority Cycling Facilities
- List of Vancouver Coastal Health Cycling Facilities