Clean Commuter & Wellness Challenge winners announced!
We know you’ve all been waiting with baited breath to hear the results of this year’s Clean Commuter & Wellness Challenge, so we’re delighted to say that the calories, kilometres, and kilograms (of greenhouse gases) have been counted and this year’s victors have been announced.
Without further ado…
- Our inspirational Top Reducers this year are Colleen Smith and Scot Elphinstone
- The Top Avoiders who maintained their already amazing commuting efforts are Arla Yost and Linda Hiepler
- 2016's Top Self-Propellers are bikers extraordinaire Scot Elphinstone and Mario D'Angelo
- This year’s Top Teams are Gang Green who hail from Richmond and are led by Clement Lamb, and RST (Rapid-Strep-Teasers) from St Paul’s, who are captained by Peter McLellan.
Our Top in Category prize celebrates those who have commuted the furthest in each group:
- Sandra Moskalyk for taking transit
- Sharon Anderson for walking
- Cyrus Dastoor for carpooling and
- Mario D’Angelo for biking
And finally, the prize which recognises the Top in Health Organization, based on the greatest improvement in carbon intensity:
- Christine Kamrudin for PHSA
- Jeannie Law for Fraser Health
- Vickie Grandinetti for Vancouver Coastal, and
- Paramjit Kalkat for PHC
Well done to all the winners and to all those of you who took part. A survey will be sent out next week to all participants so we can get your feedback on how you thought the challenge went. As an added incentive, we have extra Mountain Equipment Coop vouchers to give away to 3 lucky respondents!
Questions or comments, email me: Helen.Williams[a]fraserhealth.ca