2010 Carbon Neutral Action Reports (CNAR) for FH, VCH, PHC & PHSA
In 2010, FH, VCH, PHC & PHSA became carbon neutral. Health authorities and affiliates produced a total of 217,331 tonnes of CO2e from all sources covered by the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Targets Act.
In order to become carbon neutral for the 2010 calendar year, health authorities and affiliates invested $5,428,384 in 217,135 tonnes CO2e of carbon offsets.
2010 Highlights from this sector:
- 100% are removing stand alone printers and fax machines and are installing more efficient multi-function devices instead
- 94% are posting materials online that were previously printed
- 86% are working on an anti-idling policy and/or are raising anti-idling awareness for fleet drivers
- 81% encourage commuting by foot, bicycle, carpool or public transit and provide shower or locker facilities for staff
- 75% have installed video-conferencing units in meeting rooms or provide mobile video-conferencing units to reduce the need for travel
Achieving Sustainable Health Care
Read these 2010 CNARs via the links below: